Culture & Leisure

“Hof” Cinema, Hadera

1949

Hadera
HaNassi St 75

“Hof” Cinema was built on the main street in the Hadera settlement and was the first cinema house in Hadera. The first building was planned by Chaim (Monya) SokoIinski in 1932. Leitersdorf and Belsitzman planned the extensive renovation of the cinema, giving it a clean, modernist look with a colonnade in the lobby and stone cladding and concrete panels in the impressive façade facing the street. The theater became larger, containing about 800 seats in the ground floor and the balcony. “Hof” Cinema was an important cultural center for residents of the settlement as well as nearby towns. Films were screened and theatrical performances were held in it, as well as concerts and ceremonies. As part of the phenomenon of film theaters in malls and mega-cinemas around cities, “Hof” Cinema closed down and was converted into an event hall in the 90’s. The interior, as well as the façade of the building, were completely changed.