Services & Welfare
Department Store, Ra’anana
Ahuza St 114 Histadrut Complex
The department store was opened in 1960 as a branch of “HaMashbir LaTzarchan”, the department store chain of the Histadrut.
The idea of a consumerist building was presented at the first proposal, among the rest of the buildings at the Ra’anan Histadrut complex, in the beginning of the 1950’s. The building is at the top of the lengthy and central lot belonging to the Ra’anana Worker’s Council. The building has a column colonnade facing Ahuza Street, the city’s main trade street. Today, there are a few private stores operating there, as well as a branch of Bank Hapoalim.