Industry & Commerce
Elco Factory, Ramat Gan
Jabotinski St 23
The Elco factory was planned and built in the beginning of the 1950’s on central Jabotinsky Street. The factory was made to manufacture electrical appliances, transformers and electrical counters as the sole provider of the Israeli Electric Company at the time. During the years, the structure grew and expanded, and Belsitzman and Leitersdorf planned additional floors and extensions for it in the 1960’s.
Due to its central location in the main business district of Ramat Gan, where skyscrapers are starting to emerge, it was decided to tear down the factory in the second decade of the 2000’s, and build a skyscraper for “Menorah Mivtahim”.