Community & Administration

Histadrut House, Hadera

1949

Hadera
Sderot HaNassi St 45

Hadera’s Histadrut House replaced the city’s old workers’ house, which had been abandoned during the 1948 war. The Histadrut House construction was initiated by five Histadrut institutions: the workers’ council, loan fund, the Consumers’ Association, Solel Bone, and the tax bureau. The laying of the cornerstone ceremony took place on Erev Rosh HaShanah, September 1949. The building itself was inaugurated about a year later, in December 1950, and is used for the offices of the Histadrut until this day.