Community & Administration
The Histadrut House, Kfar Saba
The lively Histadrut complex in Kfar Saba was built on a lot of about 4 acres at the center of the city. The building complex was used by the city residents for bureaucratic and cultural needs, for sports and education, for the youth movement and for the elderly club. In the 1950’s, Leitersdorf and Belsitzman were in charge of the renovation and expansion of the first Histadrut House, built by Nachman Kaplansky. Later on, in the 1960’s, the Histadrut functions in the city were expanded and upgraded, and Leitersdorf and Belsitzman were responsible for constructing an additional Histadrut building in the complex. That building included halls and offices, and it was adjacent to the Histadrut gymnasium, connected to it via the staircase area. Once the Histadrut’s status diminished at the end of the 20th century, this lot, too, was sold to a private investor, and there are now residential buildings there.