Community & Administration

Workers' Council Beit She'an

1959

Beit She'an
Yerushalayim ha-Bira St 3

The workers’ house in the Northern Olim town Beit She’an was planned at the end of the 1950’s and was opened in 1964. Its construction was funded by the Histadrut’s Fund for Public Buildings, together with Bank HaPoalim and the insurance funds. Leitersdorf and Belsitzman planned a two-floor building., with a lengthwise plan which contains a corridor with offices along it. Both corridor and offices are washed with natural light and air which enter from a series of windows placed in regular distances. The main branch of Bank HaPoalim, as well as offices of the insurance funds, used to be on the ground floor. One floor above were the Workers’ Council offices and an assembly hall. The building stands to this day and is used by the Workers’ Council in a reduced capacity.